Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Butterfly FrostingEdited on 4/26/04
- Neopolitan Bundt Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Birthday Cake
Posted by newlywedwsThese comments are from their cookbook: "At Magnolia we decided to make our cake not quite a traditional yellow cake or a traditional sponge cake, given the use of whole eggs in our recipe. We're sure you'll agree this recipe is moist, delicious and makes a beautiful layer cake or cupcakes for birthdays or any celebration. Frost with pink buttercream icing and lots of colored sprinkles as we do, and feel as though you're at your seventh birthday party all over again!"
Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Birthday Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cups sugar 4 large eggs, at room temperature 1 1/2 cups self rising flour 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla Frosting: 1 cup unsalted butter, very soft 8 cups confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup milk 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and lightly flour three 9 inch round cake pans, then line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth *use a medium setting.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, and mix until combined
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition,
- Combine both types of flour and add in four parts, alternating with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter among the cake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- If you're making cupcakes, line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Spoon the batter into the cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake until the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on a rack before icing.
- When cake has cooled, ice between the layers, then ice top and sides of cake.
- To make the icing - place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, until icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency (you may NOT need all of the sugar).
- If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- Use and store icing at room temperature, as icing will set if chilled.
- Can store in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Currently, there are 896 Active Users (19 Members and 877 Guests)
- › Red Velvet (pound?) Cake recipe dense enough to stack 3 teir 17 minutes ago
- › How much batter per cupcake? 18 minutes ago
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 25 minutes ago
- › How much to charge Angry bird and gift box cake??? 33 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 35 minutes ago
- › Frosting my cake 39 minutes ago
- › Metallic Gold Chevron Print 42 minutes ago
- › Bhahaha!!! Graduation "Cat!" 44 minutes ago
- › Best fix for using Americolor with MMF? 47 minutes ago
- › Pricing spread sheet?? 49 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan