Posted by newlywedwsAnother of Magnolia Bakery's wonderful recipes. The club soda makes for a very tender cake.
Magnolia Bakery Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened 3 cups sugar 5 large eggs, at room temperature 3 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup club soda (not seltzer) 2 tablespoons vanilla extract 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 70-80 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.