Italian Wedding Cake - from Semi-Homemade w/ Sandra Lee
Edited on 7/3/07
- Zucchini Cake IIIEdited on 8/16/04
- Unbelievable Pineapple CakeEdited on 8/16/04
- Pineapple Sheet Cake I
Alphabetical Article List
Macadamia Pineapple Dream Cake
Posted by AnonymousMy family found this cake very enjoyable. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining macadamia nuts.
Macadamia Pineapple Dream Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup white sugar 3 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup milk 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and line with waxed paper two 8 inch cake pans.
2 Drain and reserve syrup from pineapple. Add enough water to syrup to make 1/2 cup liquid. Place liquid in small saucepan, and mix in cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes; stir in reserved pineapple. Spoon filling into a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled.
3 Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
4 In large bowl, cream the butter or margarine. Add 1/2 cup sugar, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with milk in two parts, mixing after each addition. Spread batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with all but 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts.
5 In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread egg whites evenly over batter.
6 Bake for 35 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center of the layers comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans on wire racks. Loosen edges with spatula and turn out of pans. Peel off waxed paper. Place one layer, cake side down, on plate. Spread with pineapple filling. Place second layer, meringue side down over filling.
- Zucchini Cake III
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 29 seconds ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 11 minutes ago
- › fondant cake with strawberries 11 minutes ago
- › How much to charge? 21 minutes ago
- › Need Modiified Hershey Perfectly Chocolate Cake Recipe 21 minutes ago
- › simple syrups 25 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 27 minutes ago
- › Cake Boss 35 minutes ago
- › what to charge for this cake? 39 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 42 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net