Posted by __Dutchgirl__This cake is wonderful...made it for my lovebug (daughter) when we had strawberries and craving cake... This is a great cake full of flavor, kinda like a big strawberry shortcake but way better..It must be kept in the fridge, as it is a moist cake, and the longer in the fridge the better...hope you will enjoy!
Lovebug's Strawberry Cream Cake
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix **ingrediants to prepare cake mix 2 lbs strawberries 1 container of whipped topping, thawed 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice strawberries into a bowl and mix with sugar. Put this into fridge so strawberries and the sugar have a chance to mingle and make a red syrup. Meanwhile prepare cake according to box (I use a 8" round cake pans but it doesn't really matter just remember this is a layered cake) and let cool...After cake has cooled slice into layers
- Spoon just the syrup from the strawberries onto the cake layers. Letting it soak into the cake.
- Put the strawberries into a blender or food processor and add 3/4- whole tub of whipped cream. Blend until strawberries and whipped cream are well blended. (Will look like a thick smoothie!)
- Frost the layers and top of cake with the blended strawberry and whipped cream mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries
- Let this rest in the fridge before serving.