Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Easy Vanilla Sponge CakeEdited on 7/27/10
- Maraschino Cherry Cake
- topicSponge Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Lemon Chiffon Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis cake is lemony, light and luscious.
Lemon Chiffon Cake
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup vegetable oil 6 egg yolks 3/4 cup water 1 tablespoon lemon zest 6 egg whites 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 3/4 cup white sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 1/2 cups lemon pie filling 8 slices lemon
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar. Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon rind. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3 In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, and beat until very stiff and shiny peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Turn batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake and cool completely in pan. When cool, loosen edges and shake pan to remove cake.
5 To Make Filling: Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in lemon filling. Chill until stiff.
6 To Assemble Cake: Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Fill layers with 1/3 cup of filling. Spread remaining filling on top layer. Decorate with lemon slices.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › My first wedding cake. help 7 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 11 minutes ago
- › How do you clean piping bags? 25 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Least chewy (or non chewy if possible) fondant brand or recipe 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Bettercreme? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950