Mtn Dew Cake ( Mountain Dew) - revised
Edited on 5/11/12
- Grapefruit Cake with Grapefruit ButtercreamEdited on 3/12/12
- Lemon Ginger with Lemon Curd and Lemon cream cheese frostingEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCitrus Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Lemon Cake II
Posted by staceybootsThis cake is moist and tangy! The taste of lemons will linger on your tongue long after you have taken the last bite! This recipe is a variation of the 1-2-3-4 Yellow Cake recipe found here on CC
Lemon Cake II
- Ingredients for the Cake: 2 ½ cups + 2 Tbsps all-purpose flour 6 Tbsps cornstarch 3 tsps baking powder ½ tsp salt 8 ounces margarine/butter 2 cups sugar 4 eggs, separated 6 Tbsps freshly grated lemon zest 1 ½ cups buttermilk 2 tsps lemon extract 4 Tbsps lemon juice Ingredients for the Syrup: 8 Tbsps lemon juice 8 Tbsps sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease and flour pans.
- Sift and combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream margarine/butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks one at a time to the creamed mixture. Add lemon zest.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon essence and buttermilk.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture to the cake batter, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- In a CLEAN mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (but not dry).
- Gently fold egg whites into the cake batter using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until done.
- Remove cakes from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for syrup in small saucepan, cooking over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- While the cakes are still in the pan, poke holes in the top of the cakes. Spoon lemon syrup over cakes. (The amount of syrup used is a matter of personal preference.)
- Allow cakes to cool completely before decorating or freezing.
- Grapefruit Cake with Grapefruit Buttercream
Currently, there are 982 Active Users (28 Members and 954 Guests)
- › SMBC recipe 3 minutes ago
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 4 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 5 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 5 minutes ago
- › How do I learn Smocking and piping? 6 minutes ago
- › Blotchy Pearl Dust? 9 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 15 minutes ago
- › Fondant questions 20 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 20 minutes ago
- › banana cake that I can carve and use fondant 23 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan