Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Easy Vanilla Sponge CakeEdited on 7/27/10
- Maraschino Cherry Cake
- topicSponge Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Lazy Dazy Cake I
Posted by AnonymousVanilla sponge cake with a brown sugar and coconut topping.
Lazy Dazy Cake I
- 4 eggs 2 cups white sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 pinch salt 2 tablespoons butter 1 cup milk 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup flaked coconut 6 tablespoons butter 4 tablespoons milk
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, beat eggs for 4 minutes with electric mixer on high. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture.
3 In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil. Add to batter and beat until combined.
4 Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5 To make the frosting: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, coconut, 6 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons milk. Heat and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Put cake in the oven under the broiler and bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until icing is light brown.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Tree trunk cake... 2 minutes ago
- › Ruffles! 3 minutes ago
- › Marshmallow fondant... For sculpting? 7 minutes ago
- › Does a raspberry preserve filling need refrigeration? 24 minutes ago
- › NC Home Bakery Laws 24 minutes ago
- › i'm devasted... 27 minutes ago
- › Urgent! Bringing buttercream back to room temp 30 minutes ago
- › Hard Cake??? 40 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 41 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 41 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking