Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Large White Birthday Cake
Edited on 5/5/04
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- A Better White Scratch Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousA lovely 4 layer cake with luscious filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened 2 cups white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk 8 egg whites 1/2 cup butter 1 1/4 cups white sugar 8 egg yolks 1/2 cup water 1 teaspoon brandy flavoring 1 cup chopped pecans 1 cup raisins 1/2 cup candied cherries, chopped 1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour four 8 inch round cake pans.
2 Cream 1 cup of the butter or margarine, 2 cups of the white sugar, and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
3 Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts alternately with the milk in two parts, beginning and ending with flour.
4 Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Spread the batter evenly into the four prepared pans.
5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool. Once cool spread Lane Cake Filling between layers and frost with Seven Minute or Butter Frosting.
6 To Make Lane Cake Filling: Put 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine and 1-1/4 cups of the white sugar into the top of a double boiler away from the heat. Beat together. Add egg yolks and beat well. Stir in water and brandy flavoring. Place over boiling water. Cook and stir until thickened. Add pecans, raisins, cherries and coconut. Stir filling until all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat. Allow filling to cool before spreading between cooled cake layers.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Recognize these cutters? 1 minute ago
- › Hello Kitty Cupcake Toppers 3 minutes ago
- › Hy-Vol Meringue Powder? Anyone know what this means? 7 minutes ago
- › partnering with a venue 8 minutes ago
- › Please helps make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures!! 19 minutes ago
- › Is a Red Velvet cake without cocoa powder still considered a Red... 23 minutes ago
- › Help with Gum Paste/Fondant Figure Modeling!!! 37 minutes ago
- › chocolate toppers question 37 minutes ago
- › Help! Baseball theme party!!! 41 minutes ago
- › Separating buttercream..? 41 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950