Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Chocolate Spice CakeEdited on 11/15/10
- Pumpkin shaped pumpkin cakeEdited on 9/11/07
- Cake Mixes from Scratch and Variations
Alphabetical Article List
Kitty Litter Cake
Posted by AnonymousGreat Halloween cake! You'll need a new kitty litter box, box liner and litter scoop as "props" to get the full effect with this cake!
Kitty Litter Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla sandwich cookies 3 drops green food coloring 1 (12 ounce) package tootsie rolls
1 Prepare cake mixes and bake according to package directions (any size pan).
2 Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
3 Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
4 When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be just moist, not soggy.
5 Line kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner. Put cake mixture into box.
6 Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Bury tootsie rolls randomly in the cake and sprinkle with half of the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
7 Heat 3 or 4 of the tootsie rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs. Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs. Serve with the pooper scooper for a gross Halloween dessert.
- Chocolate Spice Cake
- › Price shocking your clients 1 minute ago
- › Overbid a cake 1 minute ago
- › dry cakes 6 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 7 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 15 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake 28 minutes ago
- › Tiered Cake Boxes.......???? 38 minutes ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 40 minutes ago
- › perfect black stripes on a white cake 40 minutes ago
- › fathers day cookies 52 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net