Posted by cocobeanI was asked to make a Key Lime wedding cake with Raspbery filling and Key Lime bc. I ended up using a combination of ingredients from two different recipes. It has been a favorite of many since. This makes a very moist cake or cupcakes!
Key Lime Cake With Key Lime Buttercream
- Key Lime Cake: 1-(18.25oz.) lemon or yellow cake mix 1-3.5oz. instant lemon pudding mix (dry) 4 large eggs 1/2 cup key lime juice (bottled) 1 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup water Key Lime Buttercream: 1 cup unsalted butter 1 cup Crisco 2 teaspoons real vanilla 1/4 teaspoon salt 8 cups powdered sugar 6 tablespoons key lime juice (more if desired for consistensey and flavor)
- Directions for Key Lime cake:
- 1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2.Combine above ingredients and beat with electric mixer for 2-3 minutes
- 3.Pour into prepared pans and bake for 45 min. or until done. Cool for 10 minutes and turn out from pans.
- *It has been a while since I made this cake. I can't remember what size pans I used. I used either 2-8" rounds or 2-9" rounds.
- Directions for Key Lime Buttercream:
- Beat butter and shortening together for about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with the key lime juice.