Posted by FatAndHappyI love VERY tart lemon flavor and I had a customer request a VERY tart lemon cake. It uses snowcone syrup that can be bought almost anywhere - I found it at Wal-mart. This cake is great with plain butter cream icing and even better with lemon curd filling and lemon butter cream icing. ENJOY! Pucker up!
Jenny's Pucker-Up Lemon Cake
- Ingred. #1 3 eggs 1/2 c sour cream 1 stick butter - melted 1 c "real Lemon" lemon juice 3/4 c "Sour Lemonade" snow cone syrup 2 tablespoons lemon extract Ingred. #2 3/4 c flour 1/2 c sugar 1 box yellow mix
- Beat together everything from ingred. #1 - then add Ingred list #2 - slowly.
- May need to scrape down sides of the bowl once.
- Pour into greased/floured cake pans. I used a 9x13 at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Ice with any icing - I used my regular butter cream icing with 1/4 c of the snow cone syrup added. Great with lemon curd or raspberry filling. Unknown