Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Addendum to Rhonda's Ultimate MMFEdited on 7/10/07
- Rhond'as Ultimate Chocolate MMFEdited on 3/13/07
- Rhonda's Ultimate MMF
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is a homemade sponge cake filled with your favorite jelly or jam that even a novice baker can make.
- 1 cup sifted cake flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 3/4 cup white sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons 2% milk 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting 1 cup strawberry jam
1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
2 Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Stir in the dry ingredients gradually. The batter will be thin. Pour into the prepared pan.
3 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the center springs back when pressed lightly. Don't over bake, or it may crack.
4 Generously dust a clean dish towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn the cake out onto the towel, and peel off the parchment paper. Gently roll up the cake using the towel, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
5 Unroll the cake, and spread an even coating of jam onto the top. Roll the cake back up into a tight spiral, and remove the towel. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Addendum to Rhonda's Ultimate MMF
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 6/14/13 21 minutes ago
- › Ugh! How to use up 50lbs of grainy PS? 25 minutes ago
- › Cat cake? Too funny! 1 hour ago
- › Fuming! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Smiley Face Bakery Cookies 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Slimy fondant! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Sugarshack's Butter cream - problems? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan