Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Chinese Steamed Sponge CakeEdited on 2/7/05
- Screw Pine Cake
- topicAsian Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Japanese Green Tea Petits Fours
Posted by AnonymousGreen tea-flavored petits fours with a green tea whipped cream and decorated with green tea marzipan. This recipe could also be adapted to make a layer cake or tube cake. The powdered green tea used here is called matcha, the powdered kind used in Japanese tea ceremonies.
Japanese Green Tea Petits Fours
- 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 6 tablespoons white sugar 1/3 cup cake flour 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1 tablespoon powdered green tea 2 egg whites 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar 2 tablespoons white sugar 1 cup heavy cream 2 teaspoons powdered green tea 4 teaspoons superfine sugar 6 tablespoons almond paste 1 teaspoon powdered green tea confectioners' sugar for dusting
1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease an 11x7 inch pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and grease and flour paper. Sift together the flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon green tea. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, beat eggs, yolks and 6 tablespoons sugar until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold flour mixture into whipped eggs. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when lightly tapped. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, then invert onto a flat surface. Let cool.
4 To make the Green Tea Whipped Cream: In a medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream with the 4 teaspoons superfine sugar and 2 teaspoons green tea until stiff peaks form.
5 To make the Decorative Green Tea Marzipan: Knead the almond paste with 1 teaspoon green tea. Roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, or lightly dust with confectioners' sugar while rolling.
6 When cool, remove parchment paper from bottom of cake. Cut cake horizontally down the middle to make two layers. Spread bottom layer with 1/2 of the whipped cream, then cover with top layer of cake and spread top with remaining whipped cream. Cut assembled cake into 12 pieces using a knife or decorative cutters. Roll out the marzipan and cut into 12 pieces to match the shapes of the cakes. Place the decorative marzipan pieces on top of cakes.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 2 minutes ago
- › Its never red enough! 5 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 6 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 7 minutes ago
- › Cake Orders? 8 minutes ago
- › How do I make Zombies? 9 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 10 minutes ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 18 minutes ago
- › Dummy tier do I need sps? 28 minutes ago
- › A question for 3d cakes. 31 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan