No added sugar fruit cake
Edited on 11/19/08
- Chocolate Fruit CakeEdited on 10/31/07
- White Fruit CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruitcake II
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe was given to me by my grandmother, now deceased. It is at least 40 years old.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 pound raisins 1 cup butter 2 cups white sugar 6 eggs, separated 3 cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground cloves 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup milk 1 cup flaked coconut 1 cup chopped pecans 2 cups white sugar 1 1/2 cups hot water 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour 1 lemon -- peeled, seeded and minced 2 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size 1 pound flaked coconut 1 cup pecan halves 1 cup maraschino cherries, halved
1 Dedge the raisins in 1 cup flour.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 inch round pans.
3 Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
4 In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar; add egg yolks, and beat until smooth. Mix in flour mixture in parts alternately with milk. Stir in coconut, pecans, and raisins.
5 In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter, and then pour batter into prepared pans.
6 Bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cool layers on wire racks.
7 In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, flour, lemon and orange. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in coconut and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool, and then ice cake. Alternate pecan halves and maraschino cherries halves around top of cake to form a pinwheel.
- Chocolate Fruit Cake
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 45 seconds ago
- › Tips for all buttercream cake please! 2 minutes ago
- › Red Velvet cake disaster. 3 minutes ago
- › Whipped Cream Flag Cake without Fruit????? 4 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 13 minutes ago
- › Smoothing a cake with high ratio shortening 26 minutes ago
- › How much batter for square cake for WASC 26 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 34 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 51 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 52 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan