No added sugar fruit cake
Edited on 11/19/08
- Chocolate Fruit CakeEdited on 10/31/07
- White Fruit CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruitcake II
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe was given to me by my grandmother, now deceased. It is at least 40 years old.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 pound raisins 1 cup butter 2 cups white sugar 6 eggs, separated 3 cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground cloves 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup milk 1 cup flaked coconut 1 cup chopped pecans 2 cups white sugar 1 1/2 cups hot water 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour 1 lemon -- peeled, seeded and minced 2 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size 1 pound flaked coconut 1 cup pecan halves 1 cup maraschino cherries, halved
1 Dedge the raisins in 1 cup flour.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 inch round pans.
3 Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
4 In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar; add egg yolks, and beat until smooth. Mix in flour mixture in parts alternately with milk. Stir in coconut, pecans, and raisins.
5 In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter, and then pour batter into prepared pans.
6 Bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cool layers on wire racks.
7 In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, flour, lemon and orange. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in coconut and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool, and then ice cake. Alternate pecan halves and maraschino cherries halves around top of cake to form a pinwheel.
- Chocolate Fruit Cake
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 46 minutes ago
- › What do you think of my cake? 54 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 1 hour ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Do you assemble a 3 tier on site? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Wedding cakes 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › best white cake recipe 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Cupcake inserts do not fit 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950