Mango filling & glaze
Edited on 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingEdited on 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingEdited on 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de Marshmallow
Alphabetical Article List
Japanese Fruit Cake II
Posted by AnonymousMy mother used to make one of these every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is sinfully rich and fattening.
Japanese Fruit Cake II
- 1 cup butter 2 cups sugar 6 egg yolks 3 cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon ground cloves 1 cup milk 2 cups raisins 2 cups flaked coconut 1 cup chopped pecans 6 egg whites 2 cups sugar 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups water 2 lemons, peeled and seeded 2 oranges, peeled and seeded 2 cups flaked coconut
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 4 (9 inch) round cake pans. Toss together the raisins, coconut and pecans in 1 cup of the flour until coated. Set aside.
2 Cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in yolks one at a time. Sift together remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, mix until blended. Fold in raisin, pecan and coconut mixture.
3 In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks develop. Fold into batter until no streaks remain.
4 Divide batter into four 9 inch baking pans (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups per pan). Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to finish cooling.
5 To make the filling: Mix 2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a saucepan, add water and stir until dissolved. Chop lemons and oranges into small pieces and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until thick, about 10 minutes. Add 2 cups coconut. Allow to cool.
6 Assemble cake with filling between layers, and ending with filling on top.
- Caramel Cream Filling
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 43 seconds ago
- › SOS: Cake broke into 3 pieces, due tomorrow morning! 6 minutes ago
- › Can I substitute something else for eggs in a boxed mix??? 8 minutes ago
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 16 minutes ago
- › Magic Decor anyone? 25 minutes ago
- › Zombie Cake with Squirting/Oozing blood 30 minutes ago
- › help 31 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 35 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 40 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950