Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by boonenatiThis will also make a 3inch high 8 inch cake. Mudcakes take a very long time to bake, make sure your oven is not too hot and use baking strips always, or the sides will burn. The top is usually crispy, and i just remove it and use it as my taste sample ; ) ENJOY!!!
- 150gms dark chocolate buttons 250gms butter 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice 440gms castor sugar 2 extra large eggs 4tbs water 25gms orange rind (fresh) 80gms self raising flour 120gms plain flour 100gms unsweetened cocoa (make sure you get a good quality dark cocoa, supermarket cocoas just dont do the job properly)
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- 2. Heat juice and sugar in a heavy pan, once heated (do not allow it to boil)
- 3. Add butter and stir until melted
- 4. Add dark buttons and orange rind and stir till all combined. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- 5. Sift flours and cocoa together.
- 6. Add two eggs and water to cooled liquid mixture above and whisk in the flours.
- 7. Pour into patty pans, i make them in muffin sized pans. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Test them after 45 minutes to ensure they are not over done. Skewer inserted into center should come out completely clean.
- Makes around 20.
- Key Lime Cupcakes
Currently, there are 1203 Active Users (32 Members and 1171 Guests)
- › i'm devasted... 1 minute ago
- › Jason should make a "Cake law book" 5 minutes ago
- › Cake v. Cupcake Recipes 10 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 12 minutes ago
- › Getting tagged on other peoples cakes 22 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 32 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 33 minutes ago
- › How many servings - I know - AGAIN! 36 minutes ago
- › Canadian decorators, Bulk Barn Shortening 37 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net