Edited on 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamEdited on 1/22/12
- Nutella Truffle FillingEdited on 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
Alphabetical Article List
Italian Fresh Purple Grape Cake
Posted by AnonymousGrape cake is an ideal match for vin santo, the rich, smooth, aromatic sweet wine prepared in small quantities on many Italian estates
Italian Fresh Purple Grape Cake
- 2 eggs 2/3 cup white sugar 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/3 cup milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1 pinch salt 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest 2 tablespoons grated orange zest 10 ounces small purple grapes
1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously butter and flour the 9 inch springform cake pan, tapping out any excess flour. Set aside.
2 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes. Add the butter, oil, milk and vanilla extract, and mix until blended.
3 Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and orange zest, and toss to coat the zest with flour.
4 Spoon the flour mixture into the bowl of batter and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix once more. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquids.
5 Stir in about 3/4 of the grapes into the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
6 Place the pan in the center of the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining grapes. Bake for about 40 minutes more, until the top is a deep golden brown and the cake feels quite firm when pressed with a fingertip.
7 Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, run a knife along the sides of the pan. Release and remove the side of the springform pan, leaving the cake on the pan base. Serve at room temperature, cut into thin wedges.
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
- › ciroc bottle label 8 minutes ago
- › 2D horse cake head for 30 people how big? help!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Castle Cake - Question regarding decoration of turrets 19 minutes ago
- › Help Help please :( 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Questions about SugarVeil Icing 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › partnering with a venue 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake servings from 9x13 or 11x15 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Please helps make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures!! 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950