Edited on 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamEdited on 1/22/12
- Nutella Truffle FillingEdited on 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
Alphabetical Article List
Italian Creme Cake
Posted by bakerybybillThis is my variation of a great tasting cake. Please enjoy and send comments.
Italian Creme Cake
- Italian Creme Cake Ingredients: 1 cup buttermilk ½ cup butter ½ cup Crisco 2 cups sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour 5 eggs 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ vanilla bean pod seeded. Or I have used approx. teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shaved coconut fermented with coconut rum Cream Cheese frosting 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature ½ cup sweet butter at room temperature 4 cups shifted confection sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoon cream. ( I use regular whipping cream if cream isn?t available) 1 cup coconut flakes ½ cup chopped walnuts. ( use imagination with this. I do something totally on the edge with mine to add a different taste)
- 1.Prepare 3 nine inch round pans with bakers secret spray. Add baking soda in buttermilk in a small bowl.
- 2.In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 3.Cream the softened butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. (My kitchen Aid mixer is 4 minutes). Add eggs one at a time till just incorporated. Then add the vanilla.
- 4.Alternately, mix the buttermilk mixture with the flour mixture until it is incorporated. Stir in the coconut. Pour into the pans.
- 5.Bake 350 degrees in preheated oven for 30 minutes or when toothpick comes clean when inserted in middle. Set aside to cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set to cool additional time on rack.
- 6.For the Frosting: Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Once incorporated, slowly add the shifted sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cream to make a smooth texture to spread. Stir in walnuts and coconut.
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
Currently, there are 767 Active Users (15 Members and 752 Guests)
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 6 minutes ago
- › Tall bakery boxes 8 minutes ago
- › Need HELP please to create a triple swag 14 minutes ago
- › Almonds? 28 minutes ago
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 31 minutes ago
- › Licences or Certification? 31 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 46 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 51 minutes ago
- › Trademark Infringement 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Family and Cupcakes 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net