Posted by SusanStyleIrish Creme Cake
IRISH CREME CAKE by Paula Deen
- IRISH CREAM CAKE 1 cup water 2 tablespoons instant coffee 1 box white cake mix with pudding in the mix 1/3 cup vegetable oil 3 large eggs, slightly beaten IRISH CREAM FROSTING 2- 6oz. packages slivered almonds, toasted and completely cooled 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream 1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee 1 cup (2 sticks) butter 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 (9inch) cake pans, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine water and instant coffee, stir until coffee is dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, coffee mixture, oil, and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Gently press toasted almonds over cake.
- In a small bowl, combine the Bailey's and coffee, stirring to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add coffee mixture, beating until combined.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined after each addition.