Chocolate moulding paste
Edited on 8/24/10
- Easy chocolate roses and shape mixEdited on 8/24/10
- How to make Spider Mums Sugar FlowerEdited on 8/20/12
- Glitzy Rainbow Rose Tutorial Using Circle cutters
Alphabetical Article List
Inexpensive cutters for roses, peony and calla lily
Posted by sweettooth101
You can purchase a set of cookie cutters from any kitchen store, this set of 5 was around $6. hold the cutter at the joint and give a squeeze to make it into a tear drop shape. For roses soften the round edge and make your petals for the flower. For peonies, knick the round edge at a few places, then frill with toothpick and proceed making the flower. For the calla lily, point side up, soften edge, and pull point a little with ball tool, then place on cone to shape the lily. Below are the cutters used and the flowers I made.
List of Materials
- Round cookie cutters,gumpaste,ballingtool,toothpick,foampad,wire,
Place cutter on a level surface hold where the joint is and in squeeze gently to shape into a teardrop. Below a brief tutorial for a peony.
Petals are cut with the desired size. For the peony 3 different sizes were used. The first 3 cut with the smallest cutter.
Each petal is knicked at 3 or 4 places , doesn't have to be even, some can have deeper v's.
Thin on a foam pad with a toothpick, placing your index fingure on the t/pick in the middle and rolling it back and forth. This ruffles the petal at different points.
Attach the small petals closely onto a gumpaste ball which has been dried with a wire through it OR you can use a strofoam ball with a wire glued through it.
Continue adding 5 more petal in the same size.
I allowed to dry for 20 mins and then dusted with pink colour. Cut 5 petals in the next size up. ruffle the edges and place in tablespoons to dry for 5 minutes or so before gluing on at the base only. Dust with colour.
Cut 7 petals in the 3rd size up. Thin and ruffle, thread wire in the centre, place in tablespoons to dry overnight. Dust with colour .Attach with tape around the formed flower.
These are the roses with the same cutters.
These are the calla lilies with the same cutters.
- Easy chocolate roses and shape mix
Currently, there are 878 Active Users (27 Members and 851 Guests)
- › I need help with getting bc smooth 5 minutes ago
- › Puppy cake tutorial, part 1. With pic's 9 minutes ago
- › Mechanical Refrigeration for Farmers Markets... 22 minutes ago
- › Minnie mouse cake disaster 25 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 27 minutes ago
- › Parrish/Magic Line could be a little more helpful... 31 minutes ago
- › What equipment should I get to replace all the crap I have from W. 31 minutes ago
- › new buisness 59 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 1 hour ago
- › Unique Fathers Day Idea now I need Price? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat