Edited on 7/31/12
- Mini cheesecakesEdited on 7/26/12
- Tesso's blueberry dream cakeEdited on 6/22/10
- Blueberry Loaf Cake
- topicBlueberry Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Indigojods' Blueberry Cake
Posted by indigojodsMy husband is a blueberry fanatic so I created this blueberry cake for him. It was based off of a similar strawberry cake that starts with a box of white cake mix. Please let me know what you think and if you find any good variations for filling/frosting, etc. Also if you have more specifics on the cooking times since I did not keep track of how long it took exactly. Thanks for looking! I wanted to keep experimenting with this but mentioned it on a post and got requests for the recipe so figured I should get it up here.
Indigojods' Blueberry Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix 1 sm. package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding 4 large eggs 1 cup water 1/3 cup vegetable oil approx. 2 cups of fresh blueberries (divided - 1 cup to puree, 1 cup whole). small amount of flour Frosting/Filling - I used store bought cream cheese filling and made my own vanilla buttercream and that was a great combo.
- As per DH box insructions: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Now, puree about 1 cup of the blueberries and beat again.
- Next, throw the 1 cup of whole blueberries into a ziploc bag with a teaspoon or so of flour (just enough to coat) and shake until coated. This will help keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake. Fold gently into the cake.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees following the normal Wilton timing instructions based on pan size. Sorry - I winged this and didn't time it! Here is some of the wilton info:
- 6 inch = 25 - 30 mins
- 8 inch = 30 - 35 mins
- 10 inch = 35 - 40 mins
- If I remember correctly it took a bit longer than those times, so check right before and eyeball it.
- Mini cheesecakes
Currently, there are 977 Active Users (18 Members and 959 Guests)
- › creating an air-brushed look without the kit??? Can it be done? 5 minutes ago
- › New ca cottage industry law and license requirements 9 minutes ago
- › Overbid a cake 25 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 37 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 38 minutes ago
- › Hi, I need help 41 minutes ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 52 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 53 minutes ago
- › Cake v. Cupcake Recipes 58 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 58 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net