Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Neopolitan Bundt CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Snickerdoodle Cake w/Cinnamon Buttercream
Alphabetical Article List
How To Make Chocolate Cigarellos (Nati's Way)
Posted by boonenati
This is the cheater's way of doing choc cigarettes, it's time consuming but it's foolproof, and after many failed attempts at real ones, im going to settle for these :D Items Required
- Non toxic marker (suitable for writing on plastic)
- Hot water
- Sticky tape
- Spatula or flat knife
- Hobby knife
Before starting on this you will need to cut up your acetate. I had really large sheets of acetate for this project so I cut it up in this way. They were all cut even because i wanted to ensure all the cigarettes were the same size, but if you want the uneven different sized ones, then you can cut them without measuring or marking the acetate. NOTE: You can use vinyl instead of acetate for doing this, but the disadvantage of that is that you wont get the shine on the chocolate, that you will get using acetate 1. Melt your chocolate in a double boiler. I do it this way, boil some water in the kettle, put the boling water in a pot, then set my bowl with the chocolate on top. This is enough heat to melt your chocolate, when the water starts to cool down, i keep taking parts of it out (not all) and topping up with more boiling water. For this project I melted one bowl of white chocolate and one of dark.
2. Spread a thin layer of chocolate onto the acetate sheet using a spatula or knife. Ensure that your chocolate is spread only up to the line you drew earlier .
3. Bend the piece of acetate into a roll, tucking in the outer part so that the two edges that have chocolate on them are touching.
4. Stick with a piece of tape. Be careful as this is a tricky part, and if your tape gets any grease from the chocolate on it then it won't stick. This is where it helps to have an assistant. Thanks Fran :)
5. Place the tubes on a plate and put them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until you're ready to use them on your cake.
6. Take them out of the freezer, using a sharp knife or hobby knife slit the tape.
7. The acetate will pop open and the cigearette will be ready for you to use .
8. Carefully remove it from the plastic and set aside .
9. To make marbled ones, place a small amount of white chocolate on the plastic, spread it in random patterns with the back of your spoon .
10. Using your knife or spatula spread some dark chocolate over the top, following the same procedure as above ensuring you dont go over the line.
11. Tape up and freeze as before.
These cakes were done using the cigarettes that were done with the measured pieces
And this one was done with pieces cut free hand.
- Neopolitan Bundt Cake
Currently, there are 1114 Active Users (30 Members and 1084 Guests)
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 3 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 4 minutes ago
- › Standing meerkat cake 8 minutes ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 9 minutes ago
- › Baking Supply store in the greater Atlanta GA area??? 10 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 11 minutes ago
- › Smoothing a cake with high ratio shortening 12 minutes ago
- › Canon PIXMA ip3600. Is it worth it??? 14 minutes ago
- › Rich's Bettercreme - 32 oz liquid container - how many cupcakes... 16 minutes ago
- › What do you think? 18 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan