Related Forum Threads
- 3D figures? Last post on 12/28/12 at 10:19am in Cake Decorating
- Overpriced Cake Or Not? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:08pm in Cake Decorating
- Where do I buy online a 3D Bell mold for chocolate?? Last post on 11/3/12 at 9:20pm in Cake Decorating
- Carving 3D Cakes Last post on 11/20/12 at 2:24am in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on CakeEdited on 8/21/12
- How to make a Super Mario cake or any other standing figure
Alphabetical Article List
How to Make a Rose Cake
Posted by alvarezmom[featuredcakes] 1.) I baked two 6 & two 8 round cakes. Tort, fill and crumb coat as usual. *Dont worry about them looking pretty it wont matter.
Optional Step Cover in fondant
2.)To make the center of the rose its all about eyeing it. The center part will be fat this is to ensure that it is able to hold the first couple of petals with out tipping over.
3.)You can either take one long strip and roll it on or several smaller strips about 3-4 inches and put them on. I looked at my model picture as a guide.
*long strip method
* put it on counter clockwise Or you can cut several small strips about 3-4 long and attach separately
Now that you have your center part of the rose its time to start cutting your petals. 4.) Knead and roll out your fondant to a thickness of ¼. I tried to roll it into a circle to make it easier for cutting.
*Its okay to have different shapes and sizes for your petals. It will give it a more realistic look. Heres my center after several petals (like above) were attached. Top view
Side view SUPPORTS SUPPORTS SUPPORTS
5.) Once you have applied enough petals to the top tier it needs to harden up a bit. If you have a fan now is the time to bring it out and place the fan in front of the cake. *After about 15 minutes
6.) Optional Step If you did not cover your cake with fondant and just used butter cream now is the time to add a bit more so the petals can stick. If you used fondant take out your piping gel (glue) to help attach your petals to the sides of the cake. 6.) Cuts strips. The longer the strips the less full the cake will look towards the bottom. Its all about eyeing and seeing what you like from here on out.
Heres what you cake might look like
7.) Once you have applied all of your petals its time to let it dry up a bit. Wait about 30 minutes and slowly take out all of the napkins and your supports. Or if you have time you can let it sit over night. 8.) Optional Step If you used a dark color like I did you will see that it turns a dull color. I went ahead and painted on the red. I used the Americolor red with clear vanilla extract and hand painted each petal.
*See the difference? 9.) You can add your luster dust at this point. I did not add it on this cake because I loved how the red dried.
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)
Currently, there are 941 Active Users (20 Members and 921 Guests)
- › Fruit Cake 54 seconds ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 1 minute ago
- › Poll...use this or that... 4 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 10 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 11 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP! 19 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 28 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 47 minutes ago
- › Crumb Boss Recipes 59 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking