Save Time Carving A Spiral Cake
Edited on 10/24/12
- Edible Lace tutorialEdited on 10/24/12
- How To Paint Leopard Print on your CakeEdited on 8/19/12
- Upside Down Frosting Technique
Alphabetical Article List
How to Bake Hearts inside a cake
Posted by Jackie
How to put an image inside a cake so each piece cut is the same.
List of Materials
- baked cake the color you want inside, shaped cutter, baking nail, raw mix.
Cut small wedges, one at a time as needed, out of your baked colored cake. I am using a heart cutter. You want your pieces to be in a wedge shape so they will fit TIGHTLY together.
Here are all my pieces cut out ready to go. This pink cade was baked in a 7" x 3" pan so that it would fit in an 8" x 3" pan for the second baking.
Now I have placed a little bit of cake batter in the bottom of my pan. I also place a flower nail to get even baking. My first attempt took the center so long to get done the edges were a bit dry. The pieces will stand up by themselves. Make sure to push down close to the last piece so you don't get any chocolate mix inbetween the hearts.
All stacked in tight. Now you will cover with the batter you have left over... I didn't use ALL my batter... just make sure you cover the pieces.
Bake. I baked this 8" x 3" cake for about an hour at 350 degrees. Just keep checking every 5 minutes or so until done. WAH LAH!
- Edible Lace tutorial
- › Fondant not sticking to cake 5 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 6 minutes ago
- › Slimy fondant! 13 minutes ago
- › Standing meerkat cake 22 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 25 minutes ago
- › what is this called and how is it done? 33 minutes ago
- › Royal Icing problems 36 minutes ago
- › transporting a 4 tier cake 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › How do I do the lines in this cake 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan