Save Time Carving A Spiral Cake
Edited on 10/24/12
- Edible Lace tutorialEdited on 10/24/12
- How To Paint Leopard Print on your CakeEdited on 8/19/12
- Upside Down Frosting Technique
Alphabetical Article List
How to Bake Hearts inside a cake
Posted by Jackie
How to put an image inside a cake so each piece cut is the same.
List of Materials
- baked cake the color you want inside, shaped cutter, baking nail, raw mix.
Cut small wedges, one at a time as needed, out of your baked colored cake. I am using a heart cutter. You want your pieces to be in a wedge shape so they will fit TIGHTLY together.
Here are all my pieces cut out ready to go. This pink cade was baked in a 7" x 3" pan so that it would fit in an 8" x 3" pan for the second baking.
Now I have placed a little bit of cake batter in the bottom of my pan. I also place a flower nail to get even baking. My first attempt took the center so long to get done the edges were a bit dry. The pieces will stand up by themselves. Make sure to push down close to the last piece so you don't get any chocolate mix inbetween the hearts.
All stacked in tight. Now you will cover with the batter you have left over... I didn't use ALL my batter... just make sure you cover the pieces.
Bake. I baked this 8" x 3" cake for about an hour at 350 degrees. Just keep checking every 5 minutes or so until done. WAH LAH!
- Edible Lace tutorial
- › Who owns this cake? 2 minutes ago
- › Edible Image and Fridge 2 minutes ago
- › Louboutin Shoe Box Cake 5 minutes ago
- › Flower Petal Cake 11 minutes ago
- › How is this cake done?? 13 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 26 minutes ago
- › Moist carrot cake recipe 29 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 41 minutes ago
- › cake decorating websites 47 minutes ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 48 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950