Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Holiday Refrigerator CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Pumpkin Cake IIEdited on 4/26/04
- Pecan Cheesecake
Alphabetical Article List
Holiday Fudge Cake
Posted by AnonymousMakes one 9 inch chocolate cake with nutty fudge topping. Substitute your favorite nuts for the pecans in the topping and garnish.
Holiday Fudge Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 cup white sugar 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup sour cream 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 1/4 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon butter 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup chopped pecans 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 10 pecan halves
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
2 In a large bowl stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, instant coffee, baking soda and salt. Beat in 1/2 cup softened butter, sour cream, egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. Gently peel off parchment paper. Cool completely.
4 To make the Fudge Nut Glaze: In a small saucepan combine cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, corn syrup, chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue to cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
5 Place cake on serving plate. Pour glaze evenly over cake, allowing some to run down sides. Arrange nuts on top. Refrigerate until glaze is firm, about 1 hour.
- Holiday Refrigerator Cake
- › Giant Cupcake Help! 33 seconds ago
- › Kentucky Cottage Food Laws "HELP" 4 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 8 minutes ago
- › Hi, advice needed please 20 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 25 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 28 minutes ago
- › sports logos 28 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 37 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 39 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan