Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Chocolate Spice Cake
Edited on 11/15/10
- Spice Cake Extender with Cream Cheese icingEdited on 10/27/07
- Super Moist Pumpkin Spice CakeEdited on 10/27/07
- Pumpkin shaped pumpkin cake
Alphabetical Article List
Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake
Posted by aztomcatWas looking for a moist cake that was stackable for a wedding tiered cake. Every recipe I found was for a bundt cake or bars. So this is tried and tested and came out delicious and moist. It does include the cake mix extender in the recipe below. Enjoy this, It was Heavenly!
Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 package spice cake mix 18.25 oz 1 cup plain white flour 1 cup white sugar 1 4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix 1/3 teaspoon salt 1 cup canned pumpkin 8 oz sour cream 1/2 cup vegatable oil 1/2 cup water 4 large eggs 1 tsp vanilla 2 tsp cinnamon Pumpkin Filling Mix the following for a yummy filling: 4 oz softened cream cheese 1/2 cup powdered sugar then mix in 1/2 cup canned pumpkin 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Once mixed slowly add 1/2 cup whipping cream. Beat for 1-2 minutes. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Great to make ahead of time. Do not try to freeze. I did this and it was not a good idea.
- Preheat Oven to 325-350 degrees, grease and flour pan. I use the wilton chart for how long to bake this cake depending on pan size and depth plus an extra 8-10 minutes because of the added pumplin. I also use a cake nail(s) in the center for a level cake.
- Combine all ingredients and beat on medium speed for about 6 minutes. This will make about 7.5 cups of batter. It will easily make one 9x13 sheet or 2 8" round cakes.
- Pour into your prepared pans and bake for 40-55 minutes depending on pan size.
- Alternative recipe: Chocolate pumpkin cake, subsitute devil's food cake mix for the spice mix listed above. In my experimentations, I did this accidentally and it was delicious. I used the pumpkin filling above and topped it with cream cheese icing and my office had a very sweet treat! No one could figure out the ingredients.
- When I baked my 14 in x 3 in round it took 65 minutes because I bake at 325 degrees.
- Spice Cake Extender with Cream Cheese icing
Currently, there are 1010 Active Users (19 Members and 991 Guests)
- › Creativity drought 1 minute ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 14 minutes ago
- › Regular Butter vs Sweet Cream Butter 21 minutes ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 26 minutes ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 28 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 40 minutes ago
- › Heavy cream left out 56 minutes ago
- › SOS: Cake broke into 3 pieces, due tomorrow morning! 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › BEST icing for decorating 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking