Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Posted by SuzycakesI received this recipe from a dear friend who shared these with my daughter one time and since my daughter loved them so much, she gave me the recipe. My friend also continues to send these to my daughter at college!!
Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oil ? best to use canola or Enova oil 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (to be even healthier and lower in calorie substitute with ½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend) 2 large eggs 1 tsp. Vanilla 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use white whole wheat flour) 1 tsp. Baking soda 1 tsp. Cinnamon ½ tsp. Salt 3 cups old fashion oats 1 cup raisins 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (Optional add 1 cup dark chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer on low-medium speed, beat together oil and sugar until well blended; add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour the flour mixture into the oil/sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in the oats, raisins, nuts and chocolate chips (if using) by hand. The mixture will be very thick.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons* onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.
- *Or use a teaspoon for smaller, bite size cookies, which makes about 4 dozen cookies. The cooking time will also be 8 to 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. You can keep these in the refrigerator and they last for weeks!!
- I don't have this, but my friend received this recipe from a cardiologist.
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 552 Active Users (6 Members and 546 Guests)
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 17 minutes ago
- › What to charge for VW Bus? 33 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 38 minutes ago
- › Wilton 1 shaped pan 48 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 50 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Putting a frosted cake on a decorated cake board 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Least chewy (or non chewy if possible) fondant brand or recipe 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Tylose powder!!!???? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950
- › How to make a zebra print cake - bonus... by Montrealconfections