Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Posted by SuzycakesI received this recipe from a dear friend who shared these with my daughter one time and since my daughter loved them so much, she gave me the recipe. My friend also continues to send these to my daughter at college!!
Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oil ? best to use canola or Enova oil 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (to be even healthier and lower in calorie substitute with ½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend) 2 large eggs 1 tsp. Vanilla 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use white whole wheat flour) 1 tsp. Baking soda 1 tsp. Cinnamon ½ tsp. Salt 3 cups old fashion oats 1 cup raisins 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (Optional add 1 cup dark chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer on low-medium speed, beat together oil and sugar until well blended; add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour the flour mixture into the oil/sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in the oats, raisins, nuts and chocolate chips (if using) by hand. The mixture will be very thick.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons* onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.
- *Or use a teaspoon for smaller, bite size cookies, which makes about 4 dozen cookies. The cooking time will also be 8 to 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. You can keep these in the refrigerator and they last for weeks!!
- I don't have this, but my friend received this recipe from a cardiologist.
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 1145 Active Users (20 Members and 1125 Guests)
- › Hi, I need help 1 minute ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 11 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 13 minutes ago
- › Cake v. Cupcake Recipes 18 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 18 minutes ago
- › BEST icing for decorating 21 minutes ago
- › transporting a full sheet cake 25 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 26 minutes ago
- › Overbid a cake 31 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 32 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net