Related Forum Threads
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Pumpkin Cake w/ Maple Nut Frosting
Edited on 11/21/06
- Heritage Jam CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese MuffinsEdited on 4/26/04
- Pumpkin Cake II
Alphabetical Article List
Harvest Loaf Cake
Posted by AnonymousFill your house with the happy aroma of autumn. If you don't have cream, you may substitute milk.
Harvest Loaf Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 1/2 cup butter 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 3/4 cup canned pumpkin 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. While still warm, drizzle with glaze. Cool for 6 hours before serving.
4 to make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix and add 1 to 2 teaspoons cream until drizzling consistency.
- Heritage Jam Cake
- › Serving Amount for 4 and 5 inch rounds 38 seconds ago
- › Hydrangea help!! 6 minutes ago
- › how to make fondant shiny 27 minutes ago
- › 6 tier wedding cake 40 minutes ago
- › Cake Lettering Help!!! 47 minutes ago
- › Help!! 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › newbie here 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › How long do cakes stay fresh 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Cake Photo's With Faces Clarification 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950