Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Red Velvet Remix
Edited on 5/11/12
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flourEdited on 5/11/12
- White CakeEdited on 2/20/12
- black forestEdited on 6/10/11
- Kahlua and Frangelico cholcolate fudge cake with Chocolate Granache...Edited on 6/7/11 More ›
- topicBirthday Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Happy Birthday Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is one of my mother's cake recipes for a birthday. I love this recipe and it tastes great.
Happy Birthday Cake
- 1 cup butter 2 cups white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 eggs 3 teaspoons baking powder 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 pinch salt
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan or three 8 or 9 inch round layer cake pans.
2 Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract.
3 Separate the eggs and set the egg whites aside. Add the egg yolks one at a time to the creamed mixture, beating after each one.
4 Measure the baking powder into the flour, sift a little of the flour into the creamed mixture. Continue adding the flour and the milk alternately, while continually beating the mixture. Beat the cake batter until a few air bubbles show.
5 Beat the 4 egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until cake(s) test done, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flour
- › 6 tier wedding cake 20 minutes ago
- › help 29 minutes ago
- › Help!! 35 minutes ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 44 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 47 minutes ago
- › Home bakery starting.... Need help! 48 minutes ago
- › Hydrangea help!! 52 minutes ago
- › Borders we love Pt.2 (fondant) 57 minutes ago
- › Favorite Cookie Icing / Frosting 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Recipe for sponge cake that can be frozen (wedding) 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950