Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Lemon/Lime Virgin Cocktail CakeEdited on 11/10/09
- Pumpkin BarsEdited on 10/27/09
- Gummy Spider Webs with marshmallows
- topicHalloween Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Halloween Layer Cake
Posted by AnonymousHalloween is celebrated by young and old and I am enclosing a good cake recipe for such a festive occasion.
Halloween Layer Cake
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1/3 cup shortening 1 cup buttermilk 3 egg whites 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted 1 teaspoon butter 1/3 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 egg yolk 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon orange juice 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottoms of two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
2 Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and white sugar.
3 Beat shortening until light and fluffy. Mix in dry ingredients. Add 3/4 cup of buttermilk and mix until all flour is dampened. Then beat with electric mixer. Add egg whites, melted chocolate, and remaining buttermilk, beat well and pour batter into prepared pans.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. When cake is cool frost between layer and over top and sides with Golden Orange Frosting. Mark outlines of Halloween cats and bats by lightly pressing paper cut-outs into frosting, then removing paper. Melt 1 square unsweetened chocolate with 1 tsp. butter. Using a brush, fill in the outlines with the chocolate mixture.
5 To Make Golden Orange Frosting: Cream together butter, orange rind, lemon rind, and salt. Add egg yolk and mix well. Add confectioners sugar, alternately with orange juice and lemon juice, beating well after each addition. Makes 2 cups frosting, or enough to cover tops and sides of two 9 inch layers.
- Lemon/Lime Virgin Cocktail Cake
- › A question for 3d cakes. 1 minute ago
- › Fuming! 8 minutes ago
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 13 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 16 minutes ago
- › Its never red enough! 21 minutes ago
- › Dummy tier do I need sps? 25 minutes ago
- › Covering large cake dummy without a mat - cracking disaster - any... 29 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 47 minutes ago
- › Fondant not sticking to cake 48 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake Tiers - How tall? 50 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan