Edited on 7/31/09
- Chocolate/Sweet Potato CakeEdited on 8/16/07
- Pumpkin Cake w/ Maple Nut FrostingEdited on 11/21/06
- Zucchini Cake IV
Alphabetical Article List
Green Tomato Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a moist, spice-type cake...a good way to use some of those extra green tomatoes before frost hits.
Green Tomato Cake
- 1/2 cup butter 2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup raisins 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 4 cups chopped tomatoes 1 tablespoon salt
1 Wash, peel and dice green tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water and drain.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
3 Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
4 Sift together flour, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda and salt. Add raisins and nuts to dry mixture; add to creamed mixture. Dough will be very stiff. Mix well.
5 Add drained tomatoes and mix well. Pour into a prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or frost with your favorite caramel or cream cheese frosting.
- Chocolate/Sweet Potato Cake
- › dry cakes 15 seconds ago
- › Jason should make a "Cake law book" 1 minute ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 2 minutes ago
- › Pricing of Cupcakes 4 minutes ago
- › what to charge for this cake? 5 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 5 minutes ago
- › Oven or baking issues? Cake sinking 10 minutes ago
- › Mailbox News Back Issues 15 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 17 minutes ago
- › Cupcakes for wedding..Need some ideas please help 21 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net