Moravian Spice Cake
Edited on 2/7/12
- Spice CakeEdited on 1/1/12
- Snickerdoodle Cake with cinnamon buttercreamEdited on 6/10/11
- Red Velvet Cake
- topicSpice Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Grandma's War Cake
Posted by heartsfireThis cake has been handed down from generation to generation. It has never been changed since the first time it was made. During WWII ingredients were scarce so people made due with what they had.
Grandma's War Cake
- 1 cup water 1 cup sugar 1 cup shortening 1 cup raisins 1 teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon ground cloves 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Place water, sugar, shortening, raisins, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon in a 2qt. saucepan and bring to boil.
- 3. Boil ingredients for 5 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- 5. Once mixture is thoroughly cooled, add 2 cups flour.
- 6. Dissolve 1 teaspoon baking soda in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- 7. Add to batter.
- 8. Pour into any one layer pan.
- 9. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Spice Cake
Currently, there are 925 Active Users (27 Members and 898 Guests)
- › Magic Decor anyone? 1 minute ago
- › decorating ideas 2 minutes ago
- › I NEED A GOOD RECIPE FOR A CAKE THAT I CAN CARVE! 2 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 7 minutes ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 8 minutes ago
- › Cool trick to level cakes! 16 minutes ago
- › Blackberry filling question 25 minutes ago
- › Bettercreme? 30 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 43 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 47 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950