Moravian Spice Cake
Edited on 2/7/12
- Spice CakeEdited on 1/1/12
- Snickerdoodle Cake with cinnamon buttercreamEdited on 6/10/11
- Red Velvet Cake
- topicSpice Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Grandma Snyder's Oatmeal Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a great cake for any sweet tooth. It is good served hot too.
Grandma Snyder's Oatmeal Cake
- 1 cup rolled oats 1 1/4 cups boiling water 1/2 cup butter 1 cup white sugar 1 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 6 tablespoons melted butter 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 3/4 cup evaporated milk 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Pour water over oats, let stand.
2 Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine and sugars. Add eggs and blend in a large mixing bowl. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Add to sugars and egg mixture. Add vanilla and oats mixture, blend well.
3 Pour batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
4 Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30-40 minutes.
5 To Make Icing: Mix together 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 3/4 cup evaporated milk, coconuts, nuts, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
6 Pour this coconut concoction over the hot cake.
7 Put cake under broiler, and watch close so nuts don't burn, about 5-10 minutes. Serve hot or let cool. Enjoy.
- Spice Cake
- › Pricing of Cupcakes 1 minute ago
- › Cake squares 1 minute ago
- › Not sure how to go about making this cake 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 7 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 8 minutes ago
- › Strawberry Cake 9 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 10 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 11 minutes ago
- › Baby butt cake for 40 people?? 14 minutes ago
- › Purchasing cake pedestals 19 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net