Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone have an awesome recipe for Holiday cookies? Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:30am in Cookies!
- Holiday Cookie Trays! Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:29am in Cookies!
- Yule logs Last post on 12/19/12 at 7:55pm in Cake Decorating
- shimmering cookies Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:36am in Cookies!
- Charge for Cookies Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:24am in Cookies!
Peanut Butter Cranberry Cookies
Edited on 12/29/09
- Khalstead's modified NFSCEdited on 12/29/09
- Grandma Betty's Sugar CookiesEdited on 12/13/09
- Santa's Whisker's
Alphabetical Article List
Grandma Bettys Sugar Cookies
Posted by SanveannMy grandma has made these every year since I can remember, and they're an essential party of any holiday gathering in our family!
- 2 cups butter, softened 1 1/3 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon salt 5 cups flour
InstructionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and eggs together. Add dry ingredients. Dough may be a little sticky. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. When you take it out of the refrigerator the dough may be very stiff but just let it set out for a little bit. Roll out on a well-floured board or between two pieces of waxed paper. They won't rise, so the thickness they're rolled out at is their final thickness. (I normally do about 1/4- to 3/8-inch.) Bake about 12-15 minutes until just golden on the bottom and edges. Makes around 4 dozen 3- to 4-inch cookies.
- Khalstead's modified NFSC
Currently, there are 929 Active Users (26 Members and 903 Guests)
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 2 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 2 minutes ago
- › Need ideas for this complicated design 9 minutes ago
- › Smash cakes 9 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 11 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 14 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 15 minutes ago
- › Tips for all buttercream cake please! 15 minutes ago
- › What do you think? 16 minutes ago
- › Cake flowers 30 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan