Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone have an awesome recipe for Holiday cookies? Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:30am in Cookies!
- Holiday Cookie Trays! Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:29am in Cookies!
- Yule logs Last post on 12/19/12 at 7:55pm in Cake Decorating
- shimmering cookies Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:36am in Cookies!
- Charge for Cookies Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:24am in Cookies!
Peanut Butter Cranberry Cookies
Edited on 12/29/09
- Khalstead's modified NFSCEdited on 12/29/09
- Grandma Betty's Sugar CookiesEdited on 12/13/09
- Santa's Whisker's
Alphabetical Article List
Grandma Bettys Sugar Cookies
Posted by SanveannMy grandma has made these every year since I can remember, and they're an essential party of any holiday gathering in our family!
- 2 cups butter, softened 1 1/3 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon salt 5 cups flour
InstructionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and eggs together. Add dry ingredients. Dough may be a little sticky. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. When you take it out of the refrigerator the dough may be very stiff but just let it set out for a little bit. Roll out on a well-floured board or between two pieces of waxed paper. They won't rise, so the thickness they're rolled out at is their final thickness. (I normally do about 1/4- to 3/8-inch.) Bake about 12-15 minutes until just golden on the bottom and edges. Makes around 4 dozen 3- to 4-inch cookies.
- Khalstead's modified NFSC
Currently, there are 550 Active Users (11 Members and 539 Guests)
- › Favorite CupCake 10 minutes ago
- › how do I speed up my royal icings drying time? 18 minutes ago
- › Customer with a crazy request! 28 minutes ago
- › Strawberry Cake 41 minutes ago
- › Black Icing 45 minutes ago
- › Cake stacking -Ron Ben Israel technique 51 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 51 minutes ago
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › New a few eyes on this one... 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Help! I need to start making scratch cakes that bake, feel, and... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950