Posted by tinabobina12The orange extract is optional, but it makes an ice complement to the flavor of the cake.
- * 2 cups sifted cake flour * 3 teaspoons baking powder * 1/2 cup butter, softened * 1 cup sugar * 3 egg yolks, beaten till thick and lemon-colored * 3/4 cup milk * 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- # Sift your flour, and then measure, and then add the baking powder, and sift the flour and powder together three times.
- Cream the butter well; slowly add the sugar, and cream till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg yolks, mixing well.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture with the milk, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the batter is smooth, add the flavoring and beat well.
- Pour the finished batter into a well greased 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.