Posted by guerinam
- 1 ½ cups Dark Molasses 1 cup packed Brown Sugar ¾ cup Cold Water 1/3 cup Shortening 7 cups All-purpose Flour 2 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice 2 teaspoon Ground Ginger 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Get 2 different bowls ? Large and Medium
- Mix Molasses, Brown Sugar, Water, and Shortening in the *Medium* bowl until well blended. An electric mixer on a slow setting works well.
- Mix Flour, Salt, Allspice, Ginger, Cloves, Cinnamon into the *Large* bowl. Mix well so that the flavors are evenly dispersed. I use the Four Shaker so that there are no clumps in my mix.
- Take the wet ingredients from your Medium bowl and add it to your larger bowl. Use the electric mixer of your hands to get it all together.
- Dived the entire thing into 4 parts. Use Tinfoil to wrap each section, and then set everything into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay a thin layer of Flour or Shortening onto a board or table. Roll out your dough ¼ inches thick and cutout your desired shapes.
- Place about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Leave out to cool before decorating.
- Makes 2 ½ dozen 2 ½ inch cookies.