Related Forum Threads
- Making Cakes with Filings in Advance Last post on 11/12/12 at 11:31am in Cake Decorating
- Freezing Buttercream Frosting Last post on 11/6/12 at 3:14pm in Cake Decorating
- Is there a fake frosting for piping pracice? Last post on 11/5/12 at 4:43pm in Cake Decorating
- Help with praline pecan cake filling please! Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:07pm in Cake Decorating
White Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Buttercreme FrostingEdited on 6/3/10
- whipped Mascarpone Frosting/Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Giant Ding Dong Cake
Posted by AnonymousIf you are a true lover of the small snack cakes, you will LOVE this version!!
Giant Ding Dong Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix 4 eggs 1 1/4 cups water 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup butter 1 cup white sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup chocolate chips 1/4 cup shortening 3 tablespoons light corn syrup 2 1/4 tablespoons water
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
2 In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, oil and water. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3 Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack before removing from pan.
4 Slice a 1 inch thick slice off of the top of the cake and set aside. Scoop out the cake for the center of the bottom part to within 1 inch of the sides. Discard or save for another use. To make the filling, whisk together the flour and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Set aside to cool completely.
5 Once the flour and milk mixture has cooled, beat the 1/2 cup shortening, butter, sugar and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the milk mixture and continue to beat for 4 more minutes. Spoon into the center of the cake and replace the layer sliced from the top.
6 Combine the chocolate chips, 1/4 cup shortening, corn syrup and water in the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Pour warm glaze over the top of the cake and smooth over the sides. Refrigerate until serving.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 23 seconds ago
- › Minnie mouse cake disaster 16 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 42 minutes ago
- › URGENT!! Baking a three layer cake - How do you all do it? 43 minutes ago
- › mixing colors 53 minutes ago
- › Mr Kipling ANGEL SLICES.........? 55 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How to paint on candy melt 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Help! I feel just AWFUL! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat