Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Easy Vanilla Sponge CakeEdited on 7/27/10
- Maraschino Cherry Cake
- topicSponge Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThe classic European sponge cake. No chemical leavener, just air that is beaten into the eggs. Folding ( stirring without deflating) is the biggest factor. Be gentle!
- 1 cup sifted cake flour 2 tablespoons white sugar 1 pinch salt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 4 eggs 1/2 cup white sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch round cake pan. Line with parchment paper and grease it as well. Lightly flour pan and paper.
2 Sift together the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt onto a piece of wax paper.
3 Place the eggs into a mixing bowl set over a pan of hot (not boiling) water. Add the 1/2 cup sugar to the eggs and whisk until the mixture feels warm (not hot) to the touch, about body temperature. Place the bowl onto a mixer and beat on medium speed until the mixture becomes pale yellow in color and falls off the end of the whisk attachment in long ribbons. Add the vanilla. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the beaten egg and fold in. Continue to add the remainder of the flour, folding it in each time.
4 Place about 1 cup of the batter into the bowl containing the melted butter and combine the butter with the batter. Add this back to the main batter and fold it in. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5 Immediately bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 25 minutes or until the top is a light brown. Cool in pan on a rack about 10 minutes and then invert onto a rack. It is best to invert it again onto another rack so that it cools with the top up. Let cool completely before cutting or frosting.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Castle Cake Topper??? 13 seconds ago
- › How do I price this cake? 4 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 5 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 14 minutes ago
- › Colored Peanut Butter Buttercream 15 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 17 minutes ago
- › tiara and shoe on pillow cake 25 minutes ago
- › Too soft for stacking?? 26 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 29 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP! 34 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking