Posted by JanHCheesecake needs to chill overnight before serving.
Fudge Truffle Cheesecake
- Crust: 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar 1/3 cup baking cocoa 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted Filling: 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz. EACH) softened 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, melted & at room temp. 4 eggs (lightly mixed) 2 tsp. vanilla extract Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, optional
- Heat oven to 300 F.
- Combine all crust ingredients and press onto the bottom and 2" up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beat until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into crust. Bake for about 60-65 minutes. (Center will still jiggle slightly.)
- Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully, run a knife between crust and sides of pan.
- Cool for 3 hours at room temperature. Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips, if desired.