Elegant Light Fruit Cake
Edited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruit CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Rich Dark FruitcakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Jam Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Fruitcake Without Citron
Posted by AnonymousSome people do not like the citron found in fruitcakes, so they might like this one. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts.
Fruitcake Without Citron
- 3 cups dates, pitted and chopped 3 cups candied pineappled chunks 3 cups red and green candied cherries 8 cups walnut halves 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 4 eggs 1/2 cup dark corn syrup 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Grease a 10 x 14 inch tube pan; line with waxed paper.
2 Mix fruits and nuts in a large bowl.
3 Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4 Mix eggs, corn syrup, sugar and oil in a medium size bowl. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Pour over fruit mixture and mix. Firmly pack into pan.
5 Bake at 275 degrees F (135 degree C) about 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until top appears dry. Cool in pan.
- Unbaked Fruit Cake
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 33 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 49 minutes ago
- › Sugar Beer Bottles 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › SOS: Cake broke into 3 pieces, due tomorrow morning! 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Receta para Flores de Pastillaje 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Looking for recipes for kids' birthday cake 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Black Icing 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Cool trick to level cakes! 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950
- › How to make a zebra print cake - bonus... by Montrealconfections