No added sugar fruit cake
Edited on 11/19/08
- Chocolate Fruit CakeEdited on 10/31/07
- White Fruit CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruitcake II
Alphabetical Article List
Festive Fruitcake I
Posted by AnonymousThis is a large recipe that is rich and dark. Make a few weeks ahead of time. Apple juice can be substituted for orange juice. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.
Festive Fruitcake I
- 12 cups raisins 3 cups currants 2 pounds candied mixed fruit 1 pound candied cherries 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained 1 1/4 cups dates, pitted and chopped 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 cups butter, softened 2 cups white sugar 12 egg yolks 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 4 teaspoons cocoa 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg 1 cup orange juice 4 cups whole or chopped walnuts 12 egg whites
1 Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Grease four 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans, and then line with brown paper or foil. Grease again.
2 In a large container stir raisins, currants, candied fruit mix, candied cherries, maraschino cherries, dates, and 1 cup flour together until all the fruit is well coated with flour.
3 Measure 2 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium bowl. Stir to mix.
4 In a very large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in egg yolks three at a time. Stir in pineapple with juice and vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with fruit juice in 2 parts to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in walnuts.
5 In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter, and stir in fruit gently. Divide batter among pans. Smooth.
6 Bake for about 3 hours until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Chocolate Fruit Cake
- › Best Wedding Cake 23 minutes ago
- › How are these rosettes made? 31 minutes ago
- › Bedtime stories! 46 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 49 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Help!!! 1st time working with sugar 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking