White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Extra Special Buttercream Icing Recipe
Posted by auntbeesbakingI got this recipe from another website from Donna. The only thing I would add to her introduction, is that this is a very "light" (not heavy) and not sickingly sweet frosting. It reminds me of silk and is very easy to use. I have added other things to it to change the flavor (i.e. cocoa for chocolate frosting, cream cheese for cream cheese frosting). This is the best buttercream icing I have ever tasted. I used it for my daughter's wedding cake. I made a double batch, which was enough to ice, border, and pipe small decorations on the sides of the cake for a 14" x 10" x 6" tiered cake. I think the whipping cream is the secret to making this icing special.
Extra Special Buttercream Icing Recipe
- 1 cup butter 1 cup vegetable shortening 2 lbs powdered sugar (8 cups) 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon meringue powder (optional) 1 teaspoon clear vanilla 1 teaspoon almond extract 1/2-1 teaspoon clear butter flavoring 4-6 ounces whipping cream Wilton?s White White cake color (for very white; no ivory color) For other flavors, may add cocoa for chocolate frosting and softened cream cheese for cream cheese frosting.
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
- Add sugar, meringue powder, about half of the cream, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, flavorings and enough whipping cream to make the consistency you need.
- Beat at medium speed until icing is fluffy.
- You may substitute all shortening for the butter, which will give a pure white icing, but the flavor will not be quite as good.
- The meringue powder gives the icing a light crust, but it remains soft underneath.
- This is a good icing for beginners, practice or "informal" cakes.
- Changes for a wedding cake
- add 1/2 tsp. extra meringue powder (for a stronger foundation to decorate on), more flavoring, 1/2 tsp. extra of each
- If very white icing is desired, use Wilton's White White Icing Dye, it "bleaches" out the ivory color.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 936 Active Users (20 Members and 916 Guests)
- › Recipe like the Publix Beehive Cake? 47 seconds ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 6 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 9 minutes ago
- › Too soft for stacking?? 20 minutes ago
- › buttercream for wonder mold 23 minutes ago
- › JASON, Helllppp! 31 minutes ago
- › Box question... cardboard vs. plastic clamshell 32 minutes ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 35 minutes ago
- › Poll...use this or that... 37 minutes ago
- › Fruit Cake 40 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking