Fruitcake Without Citron
Edited on 5/5/04
- Unbaked Fruit CakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Rich Dark FruitcakeEdited on 5/5/04
- Jam Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Elegant Light Fruit Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis fruit cake does not need a ripening period, and is very lovely to look at and eat. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.
Elegant Light Fruit Cake
- 2 cups ground almonds 3 cups red candied cherries 1 1/2 cups green candied cherries 1 (8 ounce) package diced candied citron 6 cups golden raisins 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup shortening 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 2/3 cups white sugar 8 egg yolks 4 teaspoons almond extract 2/3 cup brandy 2/3 cup milk 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 8 egg whites 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place a pan of water in oven. Grease thoroughly and line with heavy brown paper one set of tier pans (one 9 inch, one 7 inch, and one 5 inch).
2 In a large bowl combine ground almonds and fruits. Dredge with one cup flour.
3 In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup flour and shortening. Gradually blend in white sugar. Beat in egg yolks and almond flavoring; beat until very light and fluffy. Mix together brandy and milk; add alternately with 4 1/2 cups flour to creamed mixture. Make 3 dry and 2 liquid additions, combining lightly after each.
4 In another bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar to form stiff but moist peaks. Fold into batter. Fold in floured fruit mixture.
5 Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, depending on size of pan. Bake each cake until it tests done with a toothpick. Remove from pans, and lift off paper. Cool.
- Unbaked Fruit Cake
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 1 minute ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 57 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 57 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 59 minutes ago
- › Heavy cream left out 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking