Posted by Sweet_IndulgenceCame across this recipe on a website, tried it, and it works great! It's thick even to add to whipped cream and buttercream for fillings or frostings. You could even use it as a sauce for your cake layers in addition to your filling. It's also perfect for drizzling on ice cream. **I altered the recipe slightly in regards to the amount of raspberries. Original recipe called for 2 pints of fresh raspberries - I used only 12 oz and kept everything else the same and came out perfect. **
Easy Raspberry Sauce for Fillings/Frostings
- 12 oz fresh raspberries 1/2 cup water 3/4 cup granulated sugar 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Make a cornstarch slurry by combine the water into the cornstarch and whisk to incorporate.
- 2. Next add your sugar to the slurry and stir
- 3. Combine fresh raspberries in pan with your slurry.
- 4. Mash your berries as you stir
- 5. Continue to stir (and mash) and let come to a full boil over medium high heat.
- 6. Once thick, strain using a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- 7. Let cool completely (refrigerate if necessary) before adding to whipped cream or buttercream