White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Easy No-Cook Meringue Icing
Posted by LindakbhI started making this because I was tired of cooking and stirring egg whites for icing. The taste and texture is nearly identical to Swiss or Italian meringue icing and everyone I?ve made it for loves it. In addition to a mixer, a blender or food processor is necessary for this recipe.
Easy No-Cook Meringue Icing
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder 1 cup hot water 21/3 cups granulated sugar 3 cups butter 2 tablespoons vanilla or other flavoring
- 1.Take butter out of the refrigerator to soften slightly just before beginning.
- 2.Briefly run a blender or food processor with some hot water and vinegar to remove any traces of fat and then rinse out the blender or processor.
- 3.Blend 1 cup of hot water and sugar together until the sugar is completely dissolved. This only takes a minute or so in my Vita-Mix blender but may take a bit longer in a regular processor or blender.
- 4.Add the meringue powder and blend until mixed thoroughly.
- 5.Pour the mixture into a mixer fitted with a wire beater. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. Continue beating until the mixing bowl feels close to room temperature; this may take a while.
- 6.Change to the paddle beater and continue mixing on medium speed while adding the butter, one tablespoon at a time. The mixture will turn soupy and then curdled and then will come together a little while after adding all of the butter. When the correct consistency is reached, the sound of the mixer will change to something like a slapping sound.
- 7.Turn the mixer to low and add the flavoring. Mix until it is incorporated into the icing.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 515 Active Users (10 Members and 505 Guests)
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 1 minute ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 23 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Help!!! 1st time working with sugar 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 3D Bust Cakes???? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › HELP! Groom's cake falling apart & due tomorrow :( 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking