White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Edited on 10/26/12
- Shelf stable cream cheese icingEdited on 10/25/12
- Vegan "Buttercream" w/ Optional FlavoringsEdited on 10/24/12
- Small Batch Corn Syrup Rolled Fondant
Alphabetical Article List
Easy Meringue Buttercream
Posted by JanHOne of the best-tasting buttercreams is also the easiest to prepare. See the end of the recipe for flavoring possibilities.
Easy Meringue Buttercream
- 4 large egg whites (1/2 cup) 1 cup sugar pinch salt 12 ounces (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened Flavoring
- Place egg whites, sugar and salt in medium-sized heatproof mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk gently and constantly until egg whites are hot (about 140 degrees) and sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whip by machine until thick and cooled, about 5 minutes. Beat in butter and continue beating until buttercream is smooth and spreadable.
- Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Before using, bring buttercream to room temperature and beat smooth by machine.
- Beat in flavoring, a little at a time, and continue beating until buttercream is smooth, about 2 minutes longer (always flavor buttercream immediately before using it.)
- Liqueur: 2-3 Tbsp. liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or dark or light rum.
- Lemon: 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- Coffee: 3 Tbsp. instant coffee (espresso, if possible) dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water, coffee or rum.
- Raspberry: 3/4 cup thick raspberry puree made by cooking down and straining a 10-ounce package of frozen raspberries.
- Chocolate: 6 ounces chocolate melted with 4 Tbsp. water, coffee or milk and cooled.
- Shelf stable cream cheese icing
Currently, there are 1095 Active Users (22 Members and 1073 Guests)
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 15 seconds ago
- › Here's a buttercream camo tutorial 6 minutes ago
- › The wedding cake and the flowers for the cake... 12 minutes ago
- › Matching Buttercream and Fondant colors 13 minutes ago
- › Fondant Question...Pink Fondant, can I add 15 minutes ago
- › What about coconuts? 17 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 29 minutes ago
- › Family and Cupcakes 30 minutes ago
- › Ideas needed: Combo cake celebrating birthday & anniversary 36 minutes ago
- › how do I speed up my royal icings drying time? 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net