Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Easter Tomb Cookies
Posted by bradslilfaerieThis is something to make with kids, the night before Easter. My kids remember this, and loved it!
Easter Tomb Cookies
- 1 cup whole pecans 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vinegar Zipper baggie 3 egg whites Wooden spoon Pinch salt Tape Bible
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Place pecans in zipper baggie and beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces. After Jesus was arrested He was beaten by the Roman soldiers. Read John 19:1-3.
- Smell the vinegar. Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into mixing bowl. When Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink. Read John 19:28-30.
- Add egg whites to vinegar. Eggs represent life. Jesus gave His life to give us life. Read John 10:10-11.
- Sprinkle a little salt into your hand. Taste it and brush the rest into the bowl. This represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers, and the bitterness of our own sin. Read Luke 23:27.
- So far the ingredients are not very appetizing.
- Add 1 cup of sugar. The sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. He wants us to know and belong to Him. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. The color white represents the purity in God's eyes, of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus. Read Isaiah 1:18, & John 3:1-3.
- Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet. Each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus' body was laid. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven OFF. With a piece of tape seal the oven door. Jesus' tomb was sealed. Read Matthew 28:65-66.
- GO TO BED! You may feel safe to leave the cookies in the oven overnight. Jesus' followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed. Read John 16:20 and 22.
- On Easter morning, open the oven and take a cookie. Notice the cracked surface and take a bite. The cookies are hollow!
- On the first Easter Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty. Read Matthew 28:1-9.
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 626 Active Users (7 Members and 619 Guests)
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 11 minutes ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Heavy cream left out 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking