Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Chili's Molten CakeEdited on 6/7/08
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Pineapple Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Durable Cake for 3D in Chocolate
Posted by heartsfireSo many people have asked me about my durable cake recipe in chocolate so I did a bit of experimenting and think I came up with just the right combination. This chocolate cake is a bit thicker but not overwhelming. It holds up so much better than a regular cake during sculpting. There is less crumbling and the taste is just right.
Durable Cake for 3D in Chocolate
- 1 Duncan Hines Devils Food Chocolate Mix 4 egg whites 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour pans.
- On low speed begin incorporating all ingredients together.
- Once combined, give a very good stir with a spatula making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. Turn mixer to medium and blend well for approximately 2 minutes.
- The batter will be thick but don't worry - this is normal.
- Spoon equal amounts into pans and using spatula even out the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on oven. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean and top should spring back when pressed.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks.
- Decorate as desired.
- Chili's Molten Cake
Currently, there are 777 Active Users (13 Members and 764 Guests)
- › Need a Moist Red Velvet Recipe 14 minutes ago
- › Mousse request 16 minutes ago
- › Anxiety About Cake Deliveries?! 17 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 20 minutes ago
- › Cake Photo's With Faces Clarification 21 minutes ago
- › How is this cake done?? 31 minutes ago
- › Strawberry Cake 33 minutes ago
- › accountants/accounting 46 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Need help with gumpaste sunflowers 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950