Posted by BakingJeannieI firsted submitted the tweaked version of this recipe and forgot to include the baking powder. This is the recipe without the tweaking. My tweaked versions always get and encoure.
Double-rich Pound Cake & Mascarpone Topper
- POUND CAKE: 3/4 cup butter 8 oz cream cheese 6 eggs 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 cups sugar 2 tsp vanilla Pinch salt* (my addition to recipe) MASCARPONE TOPPER: 8 oz carton mascarpone cheese softened 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 2 tbsp milk 1 tbsp honey
- 1. Allow butter, cream cheese to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Grease 10-inch fluted tube pan or 2-8x4x2 loaf pan. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 4. Combine flour, baking powder and set aside.
- 5. Cream butter and cream cheese with an electric mixture on high for 30 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating about 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 6. Beat in vanilla and add eggs one at a time beating 1 minute after each addition, scraping down frequently.
- 7. Add flour beating at low speed till combined. Pour in prepared tins.
- 8. Bake for 60 - 65 minutes for tube or 65 - 70 minutes for loaf pans or until wood pick inserted near center come out clean.
- 9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool throughly on rack.
- In a mixing bowl stir together mascarpone cheese, walnuts, milk and honey. Serve with Double-rich Pound Cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Make 1 -1/4 cup
- 306 Cal. 19g total fat (10g Sat fat) 109 mg chol. 149 mg sodium 31g carbo. 0g fiber 7g pro. Daily Values: 14% Vit A 0% Vit C 3% Calcium 6% Iron